Get relief from your dry cough, chest congestion, and stuffy nose, while soothing your throat. This syrup includes both a cough suppressant to quiet coughs, and an expectorant to loosen mucus and phlegm, plus a decongestant to relieve nasal congestion.
Size or Dimensions
200ml. Each 10mL of oral liquid contains: guaifenesin 200mg, Dextromethorphan hydrobromide monohydrate 30mg.
Contains: Alcohol (5 %v/v), Benzoates, Hydroxybenzoates, Saccharin, Sulfites, Sorbitol (21.7g/40mL). Products containing sorbitol may have a laxative effect or cause diarrhoea.
Dosage: Every 6 to 8 hours orally when necessary. Adults and Children 12 years and over: 10 mL. Children 6 years - under 12 years: 5 mL. Do not exceed 4 doses in a 24 hour period. Do not use in children under 6 years of age. Use in children aged 6 to 11 years only on the advice of a doctor, pharmacist or nurse practitioner. Use the measuring cup included for accurate dose measurement.
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, talk to your healthcare professional.
Do not use this product:
- if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients.
- if you are taking prescription medication for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions e.g. monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOI), selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) or Parkinson's disease, or for 2 weeks after stopping the medication. If you are not sure if your prescription medication contains one of these drugs, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- during an acute asthma attack.
- in children under 6 years of age.
Ask your doctor before use if you:
- have a persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with: - smoking - asthma - chronic bronchitis - emphysema.
- have a cough with excessive phlegm.
- are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- are taking other cough and cold medicines.