Nurofen Zavance Tablets are absorbed faster than standard Nurofen tablets*.
They contain sodium ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory agent that’s effective for different kinds of aches and pains. The sodium formulation is absorbed into your bloodstream up to twice as fast as standard ibuprofen.
Nurofen Zavance Tablets relieve pain such as headache, tension headache, migraine headache, back pain, dental pain, period pain, muscular pain, cold and flu symptoms, arthritic pain, sinus pain. Reduces fever.
1. Milward Brown Link test Nurofen 2016
2. Dewland PM et al. BMC Clin Pharmacol 2009;9:19.
3. Schleier P et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2007;45:89–97.
5. Norholt SE et al. Int J Clin Pharmacol Ther 2011;49:722–9.
Applies to caplets and tablets only:
4. Moore RA et al. Pain 2014;155:14–21.
6. Moore RA et al. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2015;11:CD010794.
*Results from a scientific review of over-the-counter pain relievers, including standard and fast-acting formulations of ibuprofen.
Size or Dimensions
96 Tablets. Each tablet contains Ibuprofen sodium dihydrate 256mg (equiv. ibuprofen 200mg)
Take with water.
- Adults and children from 12 years: 2 tablets, then 1 or 2 tablets every 4‒6 hours as necessary (maximum 6 tablets in 24 hours).
- Children 7‒12 years: 1 tablet every 6‒8 hours as necessary (maximum 4 tablets in 24 hours).
- Do not give Nurofen Zavance Tablets to children under 7 years of age. Nurofen for children products are available.
- May be taken by breast feeding mothers
Seek medical advice before use if:
- You have asthma or are taking other medicines containing ibuprofen, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines.
- You are taking medication regularly or are 65 years or over.
- Children suffering from dehydration through diarrhoea and/or vomiting.
Maximum Dose in 24hrs:
Adults and children over 12 years: maximum 6 tablets (1200 mg ibuprofen). The maximum daily intake contains 146mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet).
Children 7 to 12 years: maximum 4 tablets (800mg ibuprofen). The maximum daily intake contains 97mg of sodium (take into account if on a low sodium diet).
Do Not Take:
- If the blister foil is broken on first opening.
- If you have a stomach ulcer or other stomach disorders, kidney, liver or heart problems.
- If you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or other anti-inflammatory medicines. If you have an allergic reaction, stop taking and see your doctor immediately.
- During the first 6 months of pregnancy, except on your doctor’s advice. Do not use at all during the last 3 months of pregnancy.
- For more than 3 days at a time, except with your doctor’s advice. Do not exceed the recommended dose.
Excessive use can be harmful and increase the risk of heart attack, stroke or liver damage.